Tax information slips online
- It can take between 5 to 10 business days to receive your Personal Access Code to register for MSCA if you use our online service. So request one now!
- Did you live outside Canada during the tax year? Be sure to access your NR4 slip through MSCA.
Stay informed this tax season using the CRA resources below:
Preparing your income tax return online is a quick, easy and secure way to get your tax refund faster.
If you have received Employment Insurance (EI), Old Age Security (OAS) or Canada Pension Plan (CPP) payments this tax year, follow our 3-step process to get your income tax return started.
Step 1: Create or update your online profile
- If you haven’t registered for My Service Canada Account (MSCA), visit our MSCA web page to register now.
- If you are an existing MSCA user, sign in to ensure your personal information (including your mailing and direct deposit information) is up to date.
- Click on “View / Change my tax slip (T4E, T4A, NR4) mailing options” to stop the mailing of your tax slips. If you choose to stop or start your mailing during the first week of January to the last day of February the change will only take effect the following year. You can access your tax slips online, or contact us to request that a duplicate tax slip be mailed to you.
Step 2: Get your tax slips online
- Starting February 2, sign in to MSCA to access your official EI, OAS or CPP tax slips.
- If you haven’t already done so, while you are in MSCA, click on “View / Change my tax slip (T4E, T4A, NR4) mailing options” to stop the mailing of your tax slips. If you choose to stop or start your mailing during the first week of January to the last day of February the change will only take effect the following year. You can access your tax slips online, or contact us to request that a duplicate tax slip be mailed to you.
Step 3: Electronically file with the Canada Revenue Agency
- Visit CRA's Get Ready web page to file your tax return online.
Tax information slips in My Service Canada Account
My Service Canada Account (MSCA) allows you to view and print copies of your T4E Employment Insurance (EI) and T4A/NR4 Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and Old Age Security (OAS) tax slips and Credit Slips. This service gives you access to your tax slips for the current year and the six preceding years. These copies can be submitted with your income tax return to the Canada Revenue Agency.
If you are a registered trustee, guardian, or other legal representative taking care of someone else’s financial affairs, you do not have access to our tax slip online service. However, you can conduct transactions on their behalf by mail, by telephone, or in person.
Not all CPP, OAS and EI tax slips are available online. View the list below to find out who can expect to receive their tax slips by mail.
- Individuals expecting to receive an amended copy of their OAS tax slips. You can include the amended copy with your tax return when you file it with the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Individuals 18 to 25 years of age who receive CPP children's benefits.
- Individuals expecting to receive an OAS tax slips that have a negative monetary amount (i.e. Overpayment).
- Individuals whose CPP payment consists of a CPP portion and an RRQ portion.
- Individuals with negative benefit amount: amount of recovery is greater than the YTD of the benefit for the tax year.
- Individuals who live in Quebec and are CPP benefit beneficiary.
- Individuals with other recoveries: when the recovery is for other than a Service Canada benefit overpayment; i.e. stat set-off to CRA, Veteran's Affairs, etc.
Tax Information Slips online service is secure
Your information is protected with the same level of security used by banks for their online services.
Access tax slips through My Service Canada Account
To access and print your tax slips online, you must:
- have received Employment Insurance, Old Age Security or Canada Pension Plan payments;
- have registered for My Service Canada Account.
Online tax slips are available in February
If you have requested that your tax slips stop being mailed to you, you will not be notified that they are available. You must go online each year at the beginning of February to view your tax slips.
If at any time you would prefer receiving a tax slip through the mail, you can re-activate the mail option by logging in to MSCA and selecting the “View / change my tax slip (T4E, T4A, NR4) mailing options” link under the “View / Print” tab.
Amended tax slips
At this time, you can use this service to view amended versions of your EI and CPP tax slips if they have been changed since they were originally issued in January.
- Amended CPP tax slips will be available online 7 to 10 days after the amendment is processed.
- Amended EI tax slips will be available online 4 to 6 weeks after the amendment is processed.
Currently, amended OAS tax slips are not accessible through the online service. However, your amended OAS tax slips will be mailed to you, and you can submit the slips when you file your income tax return with the Canada Revenue Agency.
Cannot access the Tax Information Slips online service
If you experience technical difficulties, please contact us directly:
- 1-800-206-7218 (English service) or 1-800-808-6352 (French service) for EI
- 1-800-277-9914 (English service) or 1-800-277-9915 (French service) for CPP and OAS.
Visit Service Canada office near you.
- Date modified: