Canada Student Grants
For income tax purposes, you can now access your T4A tax slips for Canada Student Grants and your receipts for interest paid on student loans in 2015.
Log in or sign up with the National Student Loans Service Centre to get your statements.
A Canada Student Grant is money you receive to pay for college or university that you don’t have to pay back. It is essentially “free money”.
Canada Student Grants are available to students from most provinces and territories except those from the Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Quebec. These governments have their own student financial assistance programs.
If you qualify for a Canada Student Loan, you are automatically assessed for most Canada Student Grants, with the exception of the Grant for Services and Equipment for Students with Permanent Disabilities, which requires a separate application. You may be eligible to receive more than one grant.
The following Canada Student Grants are available:
- Grant for Students from Low-Income Families
- Grant for Students from Middle-Income Families
- Grant for Full-Time Students with Dependants
- Grant for Part-Time Studies
- Grant for Part-Time Students with Dependants
- Grant for Students with Permanent Disabilities
- Grant for Services and Equipment for Students with Permanent Disabilities
- Date modified: