Labour Market Development Agreements
To help unemployed Canadians quickly find and return to work and to develop a skilled labour force that meets current and emerging needs of employers, the Government of Canada has entered into agreements (also called Labour Market Development Agreements) with provinces and territories.
Through these agreements, Government of Canada funding enables provinces and territories to design, deliver and manage skills and employment programs for unemployed Canadians, particularly for those who are eligible for Employment Insurance (EI) benefits.
Labour market development agreements are complemented by labour market agreements, which provide funding for provincial and territorial labour market programs and services, particularly for low-skilled workers and unemployed persons who are not eligible for EI benefits.
- Canada - Alberta Labour Market Development Agreement (signed on December 6, 1996)
- Omnibus Amending Agreement for Canada-Alberta Labour Market Agreement and Canada- Alberta Agreement on Labour Market Development (signed on May 22, 2009)
- Ministry of Human Services
- Canada – New Brunswick Labour Market Development Agreement (Signed on December 13, 1996)
- Canada – New Brunswick Labour Market Development Amending Agreement #1 (Signed in December 1998)
- Omnibus Amending Agreement to the Canada – New Brunswick Labour Market Agreement and Labour Market Development Agreement (signed on May 22, 2009)
- Labour Market Development Amending Annex 6 Agreement No. 2 (Signed in April, 2003)
- Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour
Newfoundland and Labrador
- Canada – Newfoundland and Labrador Labour Market Development Agreement (Signed on September 4, 2008)
- Department of Advanced Education and Skills
- Canada – Northwest Territories Amending Agreement (Amendment #2 to Annex 1) (Signed on November 22, 2011)
- Canada – Northwest Territories Amending Agreement No. 2 (Signed on July 8, 2009)
- Department of Education, Culture and Employment
Prince Edward Island
- Canada – Quebec Labour Market Development Agreement in Principle (Signed on April 21, 1997)
- Ministry of Education and Social Solidarity
- Date modified: