Temporary Foreign Worker Program
- Regulatory Amendments and Ministerial Instructions Coming Into Force on .
- New Labour Market Opinion Application Forms
About the program
The Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) helps fill genuine and acute labour needs when Canadians are not available. Canadians must always be first in line for available jobs. The program is currently under review to ensure that Canadians always have the first crack at available jobs.
Employment and Skills Development Canada (ESDC)/Service Canada is responsible for assessing applications from employers requesting to hire temporary foreign workers (TFW), and for issuing labour market opinions (LMO) on the likely impact these TFWs would have on the Canadian job market.
To Hire a Foreign Worker
Employers can select one of the following options to learn more about the requirements, wages, advertisement efforts and how to apply for:
Employers can reduce their paperwork by applying online for a labour market opinion.
Information for Employers
- Employer Compliance: Requirements for the Temporary Foreign Worker Program
- Variations to the Minimum Advertising Requirements
- Helping employers hire workers from underrepresented groups
- CIC Guidebook for Employers
- Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations
- Temporary Workers in Quebec
- Applying for an LMO before a temporary foreign worker has been identified
Information for Foreign Workers
- Date modified: